Children and classes
Welcome to POD 6
Here's outline of what you can expect from our child - teacher - parent communication platform.
What is Seesaw?
Seesaw provides a safe and secure digital learning environment for children to learn creatively by adding entries like photos, videos, drawing and notes. It creates a triangle of communication between parents, the teacher and your child.
How does Seesaw Work?
Seesaw is an online learning platform which can accessed directly from using an internet browser or via the Seesaw APP.
How will the school use Seesaw to communicate with children and parents?
The Class APP:
• Allows your child and the teacher to post, like and make comments to the learning journal
• Allows the teacher to read and write private messages to the child/parent
The Family APP:
• Allows parents to access their child’s Seesaw learning journal
• Allows parents to read and write private messages to the teacher
• Provides parents with notifications direct on their device whenever the teacher or your child post on their learning journal
The Seesaw website:
• This is a website version of the APP which can be accessed via an internet browser but note you will not receive notifications directly from the Seesaw website.
Will the school provide families with guidance on how to use Seesaw?
Parents will be provided with an introductory guide to Seesaw along with links to online training materials. For more information please see the guide for parents and carers (Pdf).
How will the school support children who do not have access to technology?
Children who do not have appropriate access to technology will be identified and alternative provision organised by the school.
This document will outline what you can expect from our child – teacher – parent communication platform
How often will work be set by teachers?
• Children will be set learning activities every school day (Monday – Friday)
• Learning activities will be posted every school day at 9:00am
• The amount of daily learning will be in line with government guidelines which equates to 3 hour per day.
• Two core and one foundation subject will be set every school day
• Work will be differentiated to meet the needs of all learners
How will children receive feedback on their work?
• Children are expected to return work as soon as they can. We understand that family members may be unwell or are having to work from home.
• Children will receive regular feedback on their work by their teacher. Feedback will include constructive comments, challenge questions, extension activities and likes.
• Teachers will make contact with children or parents at least once a week either through messages on Seesaw or via the phone.
Who can see my child’s posts?
Only the teacher, Primary Leadership and family members who are linked to that child’s learning will see your child’s post. Journals are not public and never shared with 3rd parties. Teachers can share children’s work with other children in their class via a private blog area which can only be seen by members of the class. You can read more at Seesaw’s privacy centre.
Comments and posts can only be deleted by the teacher or Primary Leadership Team and are irretrievable at this point. This will only be done however if there is an error to be corrected or a child protection issue.
Who can I contact if I have an e-safety or safeguarding concern?
Any e-safety or safeguarding concerns should be reported immediately to the school’s Safeguarding lead, Mrs Jo Savory, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.